CANZ Code of Ethics and Professional Standards
Members of the Celebrants Association of New Zealand (CANZ) accept the responsibilities entrusted to them in their relationships with:
● The clients they serve
● The public at large and any stakeholders including relevant Government departments and agencies.
● CANZ, their colleagues, and the profession of which they are a part
Ethics and Professional Standards
When creating and facilitating ceremonies and rituals, CANZ celebrants will:
● Maintain a high standard of professional conduct and service
● Work in partnership with their clients, encouraging their participation and ensuring their protection
● Demonstrate social and cultural sensitivity
● Strive to enrich people’s lives and enhance celebrancy in New Zealand
The CANZ Professional Standards have been developed flowing from and in association with this Code of Ethics. As a condition of their membership, all members agree to abide by the Code of Ethics and adhere to the CANZ Professional Standards in their practice as celebrants.