If you believe that you have not received professional service from a celebrant who is a member of the Celebrants Association of New Zealand (CANZ)you have a right to complain.
The steps to take are:
- Talk or write directly to the Celebrant. Very often they will welcome your complaint as it helps them improve their standard of service or uncover a problem. If you meet with the Celebrant, you may take a friend or relative to support you.
- If you would like to have a preliminary discussion regarding the concern you have with your celebrant, you can email or phone the President of CANZ
- If you decide to proceed with a formal complaint you should email the President, firstname.lastname@example.org or post to PO Box 27192, Marion Square, Wellington
- The complaint must be received within 21 days of the event where the celebrant was acting in their role as a celebrant
- Once the complaint has been received, it will be referred to a Disciplinary Committee within 14 days.
- The Disciplinary Committee consists of at least three members, two of whom are members of the National Executive.
- You will be informed of the outcome of the Disciplinary Committee investigation
- There is a Right of Appeal within 14 days of the outcome advised from the Disciplinary Committee.