Code of Ethics & Professional Standards
Members of the Celebrants Association of New Zealand (CANZ) accept the responsibilities entrusted to them in their relationships with:
- The clients they serve
- The public at large and any stakeholders including relevant Government departments and agencies
- CANZ, their colleagues, and the profession of which they are a part of
When creating and facilitating ceremonies and rituals, CANZ celebrants will:
- Maintain a high standard of professional conduct and service
- Work in partnership with their clients, encouraging their participation and ensuring their protection
- Demonstrate social and cultural sensitivity
- Strive to enrich people’s lives and enhance celebrancy in New Zealand
The CANZ Professional Standards have been developed flowing from and in association with this Code of Ethics. As a condition of their membership, all members agree to abide by the Code of Ethics and adhere to the CANZ Professional Standards in their practice as celebrants.
For a full list of Our Code of Ethics, please click here.