All CANZ celebrants are encouraged to undertake systematic and structured learning that throughout their careers to ensure that they continually maintain and enhance their knowledge and skills and improve the quality of service they offer.
In general members take responsibility for their own ongoing professional development, and they are supported in this through their membership of CANZ by giving members the opportunity to attend:
- CANZ National Education Events: Biennial Conferences and Education Forum. These provide keynote speakers, workshops and discussion groups covering a wide range of topics relevant to celebrants and celebrancy.
- Workshops and seminars held at Branch level.
- Peer learning groups.
- Training undertaken through other providers such as FDANZ, Toastmasters, polytechnics, online courses.
Members are also supported in their learning through:
- Articles in our CANZ Magazine “Panui” and in Branch Newsletters
- Articles and links on the Member Only section of the CANZ Website
During 2018 CANZ is undertaking to Validate all members through structured recognition of celebrant training, experience and professional development.
CANZ celebrants who achieve validation will carry the letters VCANZ after their name.